Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Celebrity Mania

A few night's ago, I posted about how old I was getting, and in my posting, I went to YouTube to link up some videos of some great songs.  And in linking up videos of great songs, I found an interesting "related" video, which was Eric's Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" being sung by everyone and his brother, including Ozzie Osbourne, which lead me to a song by Kelly Osbourne, and I will be the first to proudly admit that I had no idea that Kelly Osbourne had a music career.  I will not be so proud to admit what I did with the rest of my night once I found this out.

But I will admit it, nonetheless.

I spent the next 2 hours (2 hours, people!) watching videos of Kelly Osbourne talking about Dancing with the Stars, drug abuse, and weight loss.  The culmination of the evening was watching a 2005 episode of The Osbournes, wherein Kelly's drug addiction is discovered.

I wish that I could say that this is the only time I've done something as weird as this, but it's not.  I actually did the same thing about 3 months ago, except over Katy Perry.  Why?  I know.

Actually, I do know.  It's because these people... these ones who make crazy amounts of money and do insane things with their lives in front of us all... they are people.  And when I see things that open up their insecurities it reminds me that I get to pray for them.   I get to approach the all-powerful, loving God on their behalf.

I am able to feel with them, regardless of the fact that I only know what they are allowing me to.  I still know enough to realize that there is a lot of pain in the celebrity life, just like there is pain in my life.  There are insecurities and fears.  There are thoughts of death and regret.

And there is hope.  No matter where someone is, no matter what they've done, no matter .... anything.

Because our hope - the hope of humanity - doesn't rest in humanity.  It rests on a graceful and capable God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment