Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

While the Cat's Away

So, Billy was out of town this week.  He got home late last night.  I didn't mention this before because you just never know what kind of creeper is reading your public, yet personal blog.  So, back off, sickos... cause he's back now.

Anyway, when Billy's gone, I tend to like to have projects to do to keep myself occupied, particularly in the evenings when the kids are in bed, but also throughout the day so I can just forget that I can't count down the hours until he pulls in the driveway after work.

This week, I decided to upcycle some scrap wood that was left in our garage by the last owner.  They were originally shelves in a closet, but that closet is now stuff full with a massive water heater, so the shelves no longer fit.

My project, which was top secret, was to create a headboard for the master bedroom.  It was only top secret because I didn't want Billy coming home expecting it to be done, in case I decided to simply lay around and watch TV all week.  Cause I do that sometimes, when there's nothing good on facebook.

So, this week, I changed this:



Into this:



I know.  It's amazing that a scrap of wood can become a queen-size bed and two night stands, as well.  Haha! Anyway, I do love the headboard. 

But as much as I love it, this post wouldn't be complete if I didn't brag about a couple of other things I did while Billy was away.  First of all, I actually unloaded the dishwasher every day and did not - I repeat did NOT - do so by simply using the dishes straight out of it.

I also dug a large hole in an attempt to remove a tree in our backyard, only to find the root bent at a 90 degree angle a foot underground.  This is an indication that the tree was a sprout off of a root of a bigger tree, and rather than dig up the entire yard by hand, I decided instead to use my drill to cut the tree down.  At some point, I should probably go fill that hole up.

Yet another feat of feminine strength that I accomplished was digging another hole in order to remove a fence post, only to find the base of the post cemented to the patio.  Yeah.... that's not coming up.  As a back-up plan, we will now be using the metal fence posts and installing a chain link fence instead of a nice wooden one.  C'est la vie.

In the evenings, and some afternoons, I engaged in muchas conversaciones en español con mis amigas nuevas de italki.com.  Amigas!  Who am I kidding.  I freaking paid them, okay?  That's what it's come to.  I now pay people to talk to me.  Line up, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment