Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Work it, Girl!

If you read my last post, you knew to expect this one.  If there's one thing I'm not, it's unpredictable.  I'm a very predictable person.  So... here I am, as expected, telling you about my working out.

So, also as expected, I have some goals for my working out (and my eating habits, but I'm not really going to address that here... ooooohhh... could that be another post?  Will writing 4 times truly be that easy?  Or will something happen that acts as a deterrent with which I must deal shrewdly before I can finally emerge the victor? Stay tuned!).

Anyway...

Goal 1 - workout 6 days a week.  Since it's summer, this is actually pretty easy to accomplish because we have few obligations.  So, I want to take advantage of this now, seeing as how I don't really know what the school year will be like with all the kids gone.  If you don't know what I'm talking about then I have just one thing to say... did you even read my last post?

Goal 2 - lose belly fat and outer thigh fat.  I'm being realistic here.  I've never had thin inner thighs, and I've realized that I never will.  So, why even bother?

Goal 3 - keep a well-balanced workout routine... meaning that I need to have muscle work (does anyone else always pronounce "muscle" in a Popeye voice, or is that just me?), cardio, and stretching incorporated.

So here's my plan for the summer:

I found this great channel on YouTube called "XHit Daily" and they post a new video daily.  Looks like I'm not the only predictable one.  So, I just do whatever video they post for the day.  That way, I get lots of variety, but if I don't like the video I never have to do it again, which is pretty huge for me.  I have spent the last 2 years doing a video series of 12 videos that rotate through a calendar, and I liked 8 of them, but for some reason, it was impossible for me to skip the ones that I didn't like.  I felt like I needed to do them because they must be in the program for a reason.

After my XHit video (which can range anywhere from 7-25 minutes, also a good thing for me), I find an ab routine on YouTube.  I do abs every day because they are important and they can handle it, unlike some other muscles that need a break in between workings.

Then, I do a stretch video.  I just find a random one on YouTube.  No big deal.  I have a few that I've decided I like more than others, but I also like to mix it up to avoid boredom.  Every so often, I put on Pandora and stretch on my own, but as I'm not a very motivated person, I can only do with every so often.  I need that encouragement from a person on a screen who I have never and will never meet.  I don't want to let them down by not following along.  My main goal for stretching is to be healthy and eliminate pain, but I will also admit that I want to do this because I think it is hot.

(If you can't get enough of hearing about my fitness, might I direct you to this previous post about workout videos?  It appears I have a very limited repertoire of subject matter.)






No comments:

Post a Comment