Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Let Down

Today was the day I've been waiting for for the last month and a half.  But today, I was let down.

There's an IHOP that I drive by often.  5/6 of the year this is no temptation to me, from here on out, it will be no temptation 6/6 of the year.  But since the first part of October, they've had a sign out that started with my eyes and over time worked it's way into my heart and very nearly stole my soul. 

"Pumpkin Pancakes are Back!"

Oh, pumpkins.... how many years did I waste not even tasting you as a child?  But now, I love fall for the colors, yes.  For the hoodies, of course.  But really, it's all about the pumpkin... in my food... all of it.

My desire for these pancakes only grew during my sickness because some girlfriends and I were set to go to IHOP together, but I had to cancel.  Only, I knew that they proceeded without me. 

So, I sent a desperate e-mail asking for company this week, now that I'm feeling 85% back to normal.

My company was awesome (blog post forthcoming).  My pancakes were not.  In fact, they were kinda on the verge of gross.

And, let me tell ya, they were were not cheap!  I had a Simple and Fit pancake combo with scrambled egg substitute, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and 2 pumpkin pancakes.  I also had a coffee.  After the tip, I was out $15.13.  What!

That was one expensive let down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment